Thursday 24 November 2011

Pink Meets Space


   

   You may be wondering what we did on November 18th, 2011? What are our highlights here at First Avenue Public School?We are proud to say we held our first Pink Stand Up day of the school year. We also walked to Q.E.C.V.I. to visit/see an astronaut which was very interesting. I mean who gets to see a real astronaut every year?


  
   The reason behind Pink Stand Up day was a boy was wearing a pink shirt and other people made fun of him. The very next day, not just the boys friends, but the whole school wore pink. So our school thought that it was a neat idea, so we decided that we should do that too. So November 18th was our first Pink Stand Up day, since the start of the school year. Almost everybody in the class wore pink. In our school, Pink Stand Up day means to stop bullying and stand up to the bully instead of being victimized. I am proud to say our first Pink Stand Up day at First Avenue P.S was a happy success all day!



    Later on in the day, we walked to Q.E.C.V.I to see an astronaut. What I learned from the astronaut was really neat and interesting. I thought it would have been boring, but it was far from boring. The astronaut showed us some neat pictures and videos from space. I learned alot about space from him. I never knew you could do such cool tricks in space like a floating water bubble with a skittle inside. If Dr.Andrew Feustel was to come back to Kingston Ontario to do another presentation, then I would probably love to see him again. After the presentation, the class went up to take a photo with him and got to shake his hands.



The day was great and everyone had a fun time. I hope we get to spend another day like this again. Its nice that sometimes we get to learn outside of the classroom.


  

  

2 comments:

  1. I was that Asian kid in the middle... now I'm back in Korea very glad I found this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was that Asian kid in the middle... now I'm back in Korea very glad I found this

    ReplyDelete