Saturday 3 March 2012

Black Violin

On Wednesday, February 29,2012, my class and I went to the Grand Theatre to see the Black Violin performance. It was nothing of what I expected. I'd really just expected it to be classical music being played, but it wasn't, which that surprised me. The Black Violin's performance was a nice hip hop and rap verison mixing up the boring classical music 'in my world' into a really crowd pumping performance. My views now on violin music completely changed, my views on violin music before was, I though it was just played/used for classical music and nothing exciting except just suppose to be played really well. Now I find violins could be used to play any types of music to get the crowd excited and pumped.  I don't really actually have a favourite part because I enjoyed the whole performance and really loved it. Wait, maybe one thing, I loved how they got my teacher and E.A the only teachers out of my school dancing. The performers were Kev Marcus playing the violin and Wil B. playing the viola. D.J. T.K. and Beat Down the drummer. I would most definitely love to go see their entire performance! Here are some of my favourite videos of them performing:















No comments:

Post a Comment